Pronoun Excercise for BA students


Pronoun Exercises

Demonstrative Pronoun Exercises

1. I really like watching old shows. _________ are some of the best things on TV.

Those

That

This

These

Answer: Those 

2. Please hand me __________ .

those

that

this

these

Answer : that

3. __________ is some of the nicest weather we’ve had lately.

Those

That

This

These

Answer : This 


Indefinite Pronoun Exercises

 something, everyone, anywhere

1. After the parade, __________ met up in the town square.

something

everyone

anywhere

Answer: everyone 

2. Would you like __________ to drink.

something

everyone

anywhere

Answer : Something 

3. I searched all over, but couldn’t find my notes __________ .

something

everyone

anywhere

Answer: Anywhere


Interrogative Pronoun Exercises

Select an interrogative pronoun to fill the blank in each sentence.

1. __________ flavor do you prefer?

Whom

Which

Who

Answer: Which 

2. I heard someone at the door but wasn’t sure __________ it was.

what

which

whom

Answer: whom

3. __________ do you want for lunch?

what

which

who

Answer : What


Intensive Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct intensive pronoun to fill the blank, remembering that they always end in –self or –selves.

1. I slipped on the sidewalk and hurt _________ .

himself

themselves

myself

Answer : myself 

2. The kids rode the rollercoaster by _________ .

themselves

herself

himself

Answer: themselves 

3. She bought _________ a new car.

himself

myself

herself

Answer: herself 


Personal Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct personal pronoun to fill each blank.

1._________ am learning to speak better English.

I

Me

You

Answer : I

2. Thanks for the package! Please leave _________ on the table.

them

them

it

Answer: It

3. Ben was surprised when _________ discovered that his friends were hiding in the living room.

she

he

they

Answer: He


Possessive Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct possessive pronoun to fill each blank.

1. I lost _________ phone last night.

mine

my

ours

Answer : my

2. They bought new furniture for _________ house.

mine

their

ours

Answer : their

3. We’re going to get _________ test results today.

mine

yours

our

Answer: Our 

Reciprocal Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct reciprocal pronoun to fill the blank, remembering that reciprocal pronouns include each other and one another.

1. Dan and I waved hello to _________.

each other

one another

Answer : each other 

2.The students talked to _________.

each other

one another

Answer: one another 

3.The two boys threw the ball back and forth to _________.

each other

one another

Answer: each other 


Reflexive Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct reflexive pronoun to fill the blank.

1.I’m always talking to _________.

themselves

myself

herself

Answer: myself 

2. John likes to do things by _________.

myself

ourselves

himself

Answer : ourselves 

3 You can do it _________.

yourself

himself

themselves

Answer: yourself 


Relative Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct relative pronoun to fill the blank.

1. The tallest child, _________ was also oldest, was also most outgoing.

who

that

whose

Answer: who

2. I don’t recognize the song _________ is playing.

which

that

who

Answer : that

3. I rode my bike, _________ has a headlight, home in the dark.

that

whom

which

Answer: which

Demonstrative Pronouns Exercises
1.______________ of them had seen it before:

– those

– neither

– such

Answer: A. Neither of them had seen it before.

2.Is ____________ yours?

– that

– those

– these

Answer: A. Is that yours?


3. Everyone ate early. When we arrived, _________ was left.

– that

B – such

C – none

Answer: C. Everyone ate early. When we arrived, none was left.


3. Please give me one of ____________.

– that

– those

– this

Answer: B. Please give me one of those.


4. ___________ are nice-looking.

– this

– that

– these

Answer: C. These are nice-looking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like an Old Proud King in a Parable A. J.M. Smith, Summary for BA Students.

Summary for At the Church Door

Summary for the Play Strife by John Galsworthy