Introducing Yourself

Self - Introduction

A good introduction will help others to learn about you. Self-introduction should be given any time you meet someone new.

Steps to be followed:

·        Begin with your name.

Eg. Iam gomathi 

       My name is pavithra

·        Educational details.

Eg. I completed my schooling at… ..

      I did my schooling at… … ..

·        Your native.

Eg. I come from… .

      My native is… ..

·        Area of interest or your hobbies.

Eg. I like to sing.

      My hobby is watching TV.

·        Your ambition.

Eg. My ambition is to shine in cine field.

·        About your family.

Eg. My mother is a teacher.

Methods for introducing yourself

Direct method or common method

Attention grabbing method   

1.      Direct method: Start with your name and continue to speak.

2.      Attention Grabbing method: This method is used in informal situations. To grab the attention of the listeners the speaker can be innovative and unique. He need not begin with his name, instead he can begin by speaking about some interesting things.

Introducing yourself before principal and Head of the department: It is good to give a brief introduction about yourself before the Principal Or HOD meeting them for the first time. In formal situation personal experience should not be shared.

Eg. Good morning sir. Iam Ravi from the department of English… …

At many instances we have to introduce ourselves.

For example,

·        Self-introduction for a job interview

·        Self-introduction  for a presentation

·        Self-introduction for networking

Don’ts:

·       Don’t speak about your family matters in a conference, meeting or a job interview.  

·       Do not talk about your hobbies/ special interest in an interview.

·       Do not talk about your ambitions at a party, meeting or official get-togethers.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summary for the Play Strife by John Galsworthy

Like an Old Proud King in a Parable A. J.M. Smith, Summary for BA Students.

SUMMARY OF THE ECSTASY OF RITA JOE